Monday, June 14, 2010

Excitement!


First up, it's not my fault. I defy any book-lover to spend any reasonable amount of time on bookdepository.co.uk and NOT buy a dozen or so books. That said, ... I've got a dozen (or so) books winging their way to me as we speak! So exciting!

In the next week, I'll hold in my hot little hands the following literature:
The House of Mirth, Edith Wharton
Ethan Frome, Edith Wharton
The Awakening, Kate Chopin
The Tale of Genji, Murasaki Shikibu
The Metamorphosis, Franz Kafka
Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad
A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens





Ulysses, James Joyce


and these Fantasy books:
Foundation, Mercedes Lackey
Magic's Pawn, Mercedes Lackey
Assassin's Quest, Robin Hobb
Royal Assassin, Robin Hobb
Once and Future King, T.H White


Let me know your thoughts on my choices in the comments section. And a special thanks to my wonderful, understanding hubby B. who tolerates my book lust with considerable good grace. I can't wait to dig in! I know, I know, finish my other books first, then read whichever one y'all vote for in the poll (below). But I'm a woman (read: I have the innate ability to multi-task), and my bedside table is big enough for a few more books, surely. Or maybe the next item on my shopping list should be a bigger bedside table? - L

2 comments:

  1. Wow your blog looks great, i can not believe how many books you have just bought, keep going your doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, I'm following you now!! YAY! And good work with all those books. Although, if you are planning on buying all 1500 books, that would be a ridiculous amount of money! You could open your own library. Lol. Enjoy all the reading, Lauz. You're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete